A Detailed Analysis To Help You Plan For The Future
The deliverable for our Rails Code Audit service is a comprehensive report that includes an overview of our audit process, a summary of our observations, a detailed breakdown of any issues we identified, and a prioritized collection of our recommendations. We will walk you through our report and explain the impact on the application.
Our audit assesses how closely your app follows best practices, which can help you optimize your code and ensure it is maintainable.
- What's the state of your documentation?
- How difficult is onboarding new engineers?
- How are dependencies being managed?
- Is your application adhering to the Rails community's conventions
- Are there any known security vulnerabilities?
- How is personal user data managed?
- Is there sensitive data exposed in the history of the codebase?
- Do former engineers still have access to private services?
- How well is the application and data model performing?
- Is the Model-View-Controller implemented well and organized?
- Do we have a strong information architecture?
- Is your application able to scale with your future growth?
- How long will your current deployment strategy work for you?
- What are the most important issues to address?
- How can we speed up our development efforts?
Is it time for a rewrite?
Ultimately, you want to know if your current investment is going to get you from here to there. Our mission is to help organizations avoid the big rewrite. 96% of the time we don't believe a rewrite is the right decision. We'll help you understand the tradeoffs.
Proceed With Clarity
We feel that it is in your best interest to have another set of eyes review your application and provide you with an overview of where any critical issues may lie within your product. It also allows us to advise you on how to proceed with your design and development efforts. This input is valuable to your existing team, or any other firm that may continue working on your product.