Join the Make It Happen team.
As a Ruby on Rails Developer at Planet Argon, you'll be responsible for helping Make It Happen for our clients.
We are a small team and wear many hats. In addition to the list of responsibilities below we also expect all of our team members to participate in our marketing efforts, whether that’s writing a blog post, offering to speak at a conference, or coming up with ideas for new initiatives.
- Development of client and internal applications
- Communicating directly with clients to help define features/user stories, improvements to existing applications
- Collaborating closely with our project managers, designers and other developers
- Providing DevOps/System Administration duties for clients
- Researching and sharing knowledge within the team (may include internal talks, building documentation)
- Tracking time/work for our billing needs
- Mentoring junior developers
- Code reviews
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails framework or similar MVC framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with external clients and vendors
- Experience with SQL outside of an ORM
- Comfortable on a Mac or Linux environment with experience with POSIX shells
- Experience with SCMs (Git, Subversion, Mercurial, etc.)
- Understanding of test-driven and/or behavior-driven development (TDD/BDD)
- Using Capistrano, Git, etc to manage Rails deployments
- Knowledge of HTML and understanding of CSS/SASS
- Knowledge of software design patterns and experience with implementation
Preference for Portland-based, but will consider remote candidates.
Don’t worry! We keep the kitchen stocked with coffee beans roasted in Portland.
How to Apply
Please respond with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Describe your overall experience in the web development industry.
- Why you think you'd make a great addition to our small team.
- How your experience might apply to some of our existing client work (see our projects page for some recent work).
- Your availability (when can you start) and your salary expectations.
This is a full-time position. Responses from freelancers or recruiters offering their services will be ignored.
Email your response as requested and include the title of the position your are applying for. Please do not drop off your resume in person, this is a distraction to our team.
This position was re-posted on May 11, 2015.
Planet Argon is an equal-opportunity employer.